Monday, February 8, 2010

No Sew Recycled Wrist Warmers

When we go out to play in the snow, even though I do the whole *gloves-on-first-then-coat* with the girls, the gloves manage to eventually wriggle out and leave their wrists exposed.

So, I recalled reading about using socks as wrist warmers for outdoor play.  I dug through our sock bag for a couple mismatched & holey pairs and whipped up a few for the little ladies. 
I even made a pair for myself!
The great thing about them is that if you use knee highs, you get coverage up to the elbow.   It also adds another layer of warmth under their gloves and doesn't interfere with the fingers on mittens.

What a great way to reduce & reuse!
Directions:
1) One pair of socks.
2) Cut the toes off.
3) Cut a hole in the heel.
4) Voila! All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment