The mint is prolific in our garden this time of year
and so we thought we’d share some
favorite non-food recipes.
4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 ¾ cups water
1. Bring water to a boil, add mint, take off heat and steep 15 minutes.
2. Strain the mint leaves from the liquid.
3. Pour the liquid into a glass bottle and store in the fridge.
4. Apply to face – no need to rinse!
Fresh Mint Foot Scrub
3 tablespoons ground salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 drops peppermint essential oil
2 drops tea tree oil
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Combine salt, sugar and mint leaves.
2. Add oils and mix well.
3. Store in a glass container.
4. Massage into your feet and rinse with cold water when done.
Minty Smooth Hair conditioner
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon honey
½ juice from a fresh squeezed orange
1. Mix well.
2. Leave on hair for at least 15 minutes.
3. Rinse well.