Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Great Natural Scrubbers!

We like to use old t-shirts for cleaning around the house, only I find that they aren't always as thick as I would like for scrubbing in the tub or kitchen.  So I was cleaning out some drawers and came across an old thermal shirt that had seen better days.  The waffle knit in it was large and I thought to myself these would make great scrubbers!
I cut the body of the shirt into small cloths and used the bottom of the sleeves for hand mits. And I was right - the rougher texture made a great scrubber! Even the little ladies helped out with the cleaning and we knocked out the kitchen, bath, & living rooms in no time. 
I'm saving the cuffs and collar for some future creations - maybe a doggie coat or freezerpop cozies!
(You can even sew the end shut so that it stays on your hand better.)
Here's a few recipes to make for your own non-toxic cleaning kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment