Friday, April 30, 2010

Repurpose Those Cereal Bags!


What to do with those plastic bags that house your cereals & crackers? Use them as ziploc bags! I have not bought a box of plastic storage baggies since November - yay me! I've been saving the plastics bags from inside our cereal & cracker boxes.  I just turn them inside out and wash them and let them dry.  So far I've been able to use them for taking my lunch to work, holding my washed/cut up fruit and veggies, storing leftovers in the fridge and even in the freezer.  I even stored a min-watermelon in one the other day.  Who needs plastic wrap?!  While I'm not sure what number plastic they are made from - yet - it sure beats tossing them in the trash. (I've emailed a couple of the companies and have not received any answers yet, but googling the bags points to a #2) How to seal it with no "ziploc"?  Reuse rubberbands or simple tie a ribbon around the opening!
Goodbye plastic bags and plastic wrap! May you never set foot in my house again!

1 comment:

  1. Stefanie!!!!! I LOVE this!!! I haven't bought plastic baggies (or wrap) in years because I always washed our deli meat bags to reuse... but now that I don't buy the meats (7 months vegetarian)... I don't get them! BUT... we do buy cereal and I'm always irritated b/c I have nothing to do with them but toss them!! No more... thanks to you!! Great Great Great! (Can you tell I'm excited!?)

    I'd love to share this... Mind if I post your blog on my blog??

    ReplyDelete