Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall


Nine years ago today, I gave birth to the little girl I had waited my whole life to have.  She's fiery and wild and sweet and shy.  We share this crazy sisterly bond. We look the same - she has my hands and my feet and my body.  She is wildly imaginative, insanely athletic and has the most incredible grace about her.
In all her years on earth, I have only been sad on two of her birthdays. Her fourth, when I was so sure that she was going to be an only child and that my baby was now on the brink of becoming a kindergartener.  And this year. NINE. Nine years has gone too fast. She has been my light and my rock, my best friend and my biggest challenge and in NINE more years, she will be graduating.  This is the halfway mark of raising her.  I am halfway done. And for some reason it makes me sad because I am not ready for her to grow up and move on. (and yes I know nine years is a long time!!)

So my darling Meira, this post is dedicated to you,
my magical, beautiful first born daughter.
Happy 9th Birthday!
I can't wait to spend our day together!

2 comments:

  1. You two DO look alike! She's absolutely beautiful...

    Happy Birthday to Meira...

    Gratitude to you for bringing a beautiful light into this world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Meira! Nine is big... the last year before the dreaded double digits. Continue to enjoy every day with her, as I know you do...

    ReplyDelete